Marketing Expert – Expressions of Interest
The Department of State Growth invites expressions of interest from individuals interested in being considered for the part-time position of Marketing Expert member of the Road Safety Advisory Council (RSAC) Education and Enforcement Sub-Committee. This position is for three years.
RSAC Education and Enforcement Sub-Committee:
- oversees the RSAC’s education and enforcement work program, including the development and delivery of road safety advertising campaigns to ensure they are integrated to maximise the profile of road safety in Tasmania and achieve the greatest impact on road behaviour;
- reports and makes recommendations to the RSAC; and
- provides leadership and advice on road safety education (public and school), community road safety and enforcement programs and ensure programs align with the Tasmanian Road Safety Strategy 2017-2026.
The Marketing Expert will provide advice on the most effective ways to market road safety to target audiences and:
- be a Certified Practising Marketer or have equivalent experience;
- have experience in, or a detailed understanding of, being a board member;
- have a detailed understanding of social marketing and how to maximise opportunities;
- have experience providing high-level optimal marketing knowledge and advice;
- have a detailed understanding of the advertising market in Tasmania and how to maximise opportunities;
- have an understanding and a strong commitment to improving road safety and reducing road trauma;
- have no financial or any other interest in a marketing or public relations organisation that will tender for the road safety advertising contract; and
- be committed to an evidence-based approach to road safety based on the principles in the Road Safety Advisory Council Education and Enforcement Sub-Committee Terms of Reference and the Tasmanian Road Safety Strategy 2017-2026.
The Marketing Expert will attend quarterly Sub-Committee meetings and other marketing-related meetings. A fee will be provided for travel expenses, meeting attendance and for out-of-session advice.
To submit an expression of interest, please email a cover letter, claims to address each of the selection criteria (above), curriculum vitae and the names of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Carly Zmendak.
More details, including the Road Safety Advisory Council Education and Enforcement Sub-Committee’s Terms of Reference and the Tasmanian Road Safety Strategy 2017-26, are at www.rsac.tas.gov.au/about-us. Enquiries should be directed to Carly Zmendak, phone 6165 5257.